Toshiba has been very busy in the research and development department! In the last few months they released the Folio and the Libretto, both of which did not enjoy the success Toshiba had anticipated. Digitimes is reporting that Toshiba has big plans for 2011, including 3 new Tablet computers running Google Android, Google Chrome and Windows 7.
Toshiba has models already all done up and looking pretty to debut at CES in early Janurary. They have outsourced the production of these units to Quanta Computer, Compal Electronics and Pegatron Technology.
Two of the models in development feature a 10.1 inch screen with the last one to have a 11.6 device. Toshiba is planning on these two tablets to fall right in line with their PC division.
- Non-iPad Global Tablet PC Shipments estimated at 30 million for 2011
- Toshiba to launch new Android tablet
- Google Chrome Tablet may be launched on Nov 26
- Toshiba Places to be source of all web content for Toshiba
- Acer to debut a new Slate/Tablet PC and new devices next month
- Acer Tablet PC due out November 21
Good E-Reader Blog - Electronic Reader and Tablet PC News